× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iTunes Streaming - not working with ReadyNas Ultra 6

niallryan
Guide

iTunes Streaming - not working with ReadyNas Ultra 6

Hi there,

Been a while since I was on but that speaks volumes (pardon the pun) on how good ReadyNas is.  But now I have an issue which is getting to my and having me pull what hair I have left out of my head!

I decided to move my music from my RN104 to my ReadyNas Ultra 6 (both on current OS) as the RN104 seems to be dropping off the network a lot lately but that may be due to location and the Ultra 6 is much stronger and quicker. Anyways, I followed all the steps and turned on the iTunes Server Service, created teh server name and then went to Network Access, then iTunes and enable iTunes for the share by setting the toggle button to Onmove all the music across. I did not create a password - not really needed.

Now when I open Music app (formerly iTunes app) on my MacBook Pro and then click on Library as instructed and I can see the Library and select it the screen changes on the Music App to show the library but it is empty. I have researched everything as much as possible. The structure (in case it is important) is the Music Folder on teh Ultra 6 is the main foilder and in that folder I have another folder called Music and a second folder with remixed music folder.

//Music/Music

also

//Music/NJP-Music

Inside each of the Music and NJP -Music folder are folders for each Artist and in that folder are folder for each Album and then each track. So for example as follows:

//Music/Music/Adele/21 (2011)/01 - Adele - Rolling in the Deep

and so on

the root (//Music) folder is 171.0GB in size

but yet when opening Music app on MBP the library when selected is empty.

Please help as driving me crazy.

Regards

NJP

Model: RNDU6000 (ReadyNAS Ultra 6)|READYNAS ULTRA 6 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: iTunes Streaming - not working with ReadyNas Ultra 6

"Current OS" is not really very descriptive.  Is your Ultra6 on the latest OS4.2.x intended for it, or have you updated it to OS6?

I don't use iTunes, but I can imagine anything for 4.2.x is getting a bit long in the tooth.  Upgrading to OS6, if you have not already done so, is likely your best plan.

Message 2 of 5
niallryan
Guide

Hi Sandshark,

Many thanks for the reply and my apologies. Current OS is the current one overall (6.10.2)

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
niallryan
Guide

Hi SandShark,

Any ideas ? Also, anything in realtion to the RN104 not staying connected as a network drive on my Mac Mini ? Keeps dropping off after a few minutes.

TIA

NJP

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

I'm not an iTunes user, so the upgrade to OS6 was the only advice I could give there, and you's already done it.

I know some NAS had overheating issues with their NIC, but I don't recall the 104 being one of them.  When it's offline, is it just Samba, or does RAIDar also lose it?  And what are the statuses of the connection LEDs on the NAS and router/switch at that point?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements