× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iTunes server

pedrocadiz
Aspirant

iTunes server

I've had the itunes server working on my readyNAS 104 for a considerable time, but recent itunes updates on both Mac and windows, connect to the server, but show no music.

I thought perhaps that apple had changed the itunes protocol and that this would be fixed on the next update. Just updated to firware 6.6.0 but no change.

Current itunes version 12.5.1.21

Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: iTunes server

Hello pedrocadiz,

Can you verify if you will be able to access the share that has your media files when you open it via AFP?

Please also try disabling and re-enabling iTunes or perhaps redo everything. Please  make use of this article:  Using ReadyNAS OS 6 and iTunes Service on Mac OS X

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello pedrocadiz,

Can you verify if you will be able to access the share that has your media files when you open it via AFP?

Please also try disabling and re-enabling iTunes or perhaps redo everything. Please  make use of this article:  Using ReadyNAS OS 6 and iTunes Service on Mac OS X

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
pedrocadiz
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

Thanks for your reply.  I managed to get iTunes working again. Somehow iTunes was switched off on the share; I'd only checked the service.

I made an interesting discovery, if you enable iTunes on a share that contains other media types in addition to the share containing Music, iTunes will show the 'no music' message, but list any playlists on the server, but these will be empty. Sharing in case anyone else comes across this.

Thanks.

Pedrocadiz

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello pedrocadiz,

I am glad it works now. Thanks for sharing your discovery too.

We appreciate your contribution and we value your inputs, please keep posting any suggestions, comments or questions you have.

To close the thread, please mark one as a solution.

Have a good day ahead!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements