× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iTunes sync question...

Michaelcortig
Aspirant

iTunes sync question...

New to the whole ready NAS world and now using a Ready NAS duo to store my iTunes collection. I'm using the Ready NAS as the music server for my Sonos system - so that I dont always have to have my laptop on the network to get my iTunes music to play through the Sonos system.

My question is:
Is there a setting in the Ready NAS which automatically syncs my new iTunes music purchases right to the Ready NAS? When I come in on the weekend to my house with the Sonos system, I want all the iTunes songs I've purchased during the week to automatically get copied onto the Ready NAS...

Is this possible? Or do I have to drag the new iTunes music I've purchased each week and copy it onto the Ready NAS manually?
Message 1 of 7
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: iTunes sync question...

Please check this link:
http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/ ... eadynas%3F
I hope it helps! 🙂
Message 2 of 7
sphardy1
Apprentice

Michaelcortig wrote:
do I have to drag the new iTunes music I've purchased each week and copy it onto the Ready NAS manually?

Yes - or setup some utility (A backup application, script etc) to automate the task in some way. There is no built-in NAS capability to do this
Message 3 of 7
arjoseph1
Tutor

I am not aware of any auto-sync feature in the NAS that will do this. So my answer at this point will be, Yes as well. You have to manually copy the new files(songs) to the NAS.
Message 4 of 7
Michaelcortig
Aspirant

Thanks to all who responded...

Let me re-phrase this question:

Can I set up an auto back up for music files to the Ready NAS?
Message 5 of 7
sphardy1
Apprentice

The answer remains the same - "setup some utility (A backup application, script etc) to automate the task in some way. There is no built-in NAS capability to do this"

If you're Windows based, there are apps like RoboCopy, SyncBack and QuickShadow; on Mac - rsync, Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper - plus lots of others
Message 6 of 7
arjoseph1
Tutor

Thanks for the FYI sphardy! 😄
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements