× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

mac m1 ready cloud not working

kingkongPL
Aspirant

mac m1 ready cloud not working

Hello

My ready cloud app on Mac mini m1 cannot connect remotly with my Nas. It say Online (VPN Disconnected) 

Using PC at home there is no problem with connecting so im guessing its Osx ready cloud app isuee ? 

Is there any way to connect to admin panel ?

Model: RN426|ReadyNAS 426 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 1 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: mac m1 ready cloud not working

Hi kingkongPL,

Welcome to the Community!

May I know the version of the MacOS and the ReadyCLOUD app?

If you have any security software installed on your Mac, you can try disabling that and see if you will still get the same issue on the ReadyCLOUD app.

If your Mac or PC is connected on the same local network with the NAS, you can access it through the web browser by accessing https://<ReadyNAS IP address>/admin, where READYNAS IP address is the IP address of your ReadyNAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
kingkongPL
Aspirant

Hello John

Im using   mac mini m1 2020

- Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74)

- Ready Cloud 1.17 (there is no newest one) 

no antivirus instaled 

all possible access given to ready cloud under securit&privacy in osx. 

im trying to access to NAS remotly not on same lan network and as i  mentioned on the old laptop with win 10 instaled everything is working fine on mac not. 

I think this is Ready Cloud problem in general as it dosent work on Big Sur .  

I was hoping to get some kind of temporary solution. 

I even try this

Us win 10 at home > login to ready cloud with admin> admin page > then i copy IP adres of my serwer from browser

then i try to use that IP on my Mac in chrome browser but nothing happened. 

Plz help

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

If you are remote, than you won't be able to access the NAS admin pages unless you are connected to a VPN of some sort (or have port forwarding enabled at the NAS location).

You can deploy a different VPN from ReadyCloud.  If the NAS router is under your control and supports OpenVPN (many do, including Nighthawk and Orbi models), then you could enable openVPN and DDNS on the NAS router, and install the openVPN client on the Mac.  

You can also install ZeroTier on the NAS and the Mac.  That doesn't require changing anything on the NAS router.  You'd install/configure ZeroTier on the NAS using the Windows 10 system.  

Message 4 of 7
kingkongPL
Aspirant

Hello thanks for replay

I am able to login to admin page remotley under win10 (got laptop for testing) but i cant do the same thing using mac osx (my main coputer)

I need access to admin page from my home from my mac  . File access is not nessesery. 

Its an App problem it need to get update asap. There must be some easy fix i guess its permission problem with bigsure - ready cloud. 

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@kingkongPL wrote:

I am able to login to admin page remotley under win10 (got laptop for testing) but i cant do the same thing using mac osx (my main coputer)

As I said, the workaround is to use a different VPN (not ReadyCloud).  Another workaround is to set up a secondary https port on the NAS, and forward that port in the NAS router.  If you do that, make sure you have a strong admin password.

@kingkongPL wrote:

There must be some easy fix i guess its permission problem with bigsure - ready cloud. 

No idea on whether there's an easy fix or not (I don't work for Netgear).  Also, I am not sure if this is just Big Sur, or if the m1 processor is also a factor.

@JohnCM_S or @Marc_V might be able to offer more info on what the problem is with the ReadyCloud app and when it might be fixed.

Message 6 of 7
Havades
Initiate

I have the same problem and I think it's an issue of Netgear not responding on Big Sur. As well on my MacBook as on MacMini (2020) it stopped responding after installing Big Sur. The former OS's didn't give any problems and now it is a disaster. In my opinion there is a big need to update ReadyCloud for Big Sur. And please: very very soon!

Model: RN426|ReadyNAS 426 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements