× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

media players not showing recent files

scottrenata
Aspirant

media players not showing recent files

I have 5 media players around the house all with wired connection, they have had no problem streaming video from Nas for the last 2 years, but in the last couple of weeks i cant see any recent files added to the Nas with any of the players. I have no problem viewing the files with my computer? please help.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: media players not showing recent files

Go into the web ui, and navigate to system->settings->services.  Click on the ReadyDLNA service, and you will see a rescan button.

rescan.png

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Are you using ReadyDLNA or Plex?

If ReadyDLNA, did you try doing a manual rescan?

Message 2 of 6
scottrenata
Aspirant

Im am using DLNA and dont really know how to do a manual rescan. Although I started looking into Plex and maybe i should download the apps and start using plex what do u think?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Go into the web ui, and navigate to system->settings->services.  Click on the ReadyDLNA service, and you will see a rescan button.

rescan.png

Message 4 of 6
scottrenata
Aspirant

Thanks heaps seem to work I can now see recent files added to readynas hope it lasts.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

FWIW, sometimes this problem is triggered by a somewhat corrupted media file that crashes the scanner.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements