× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

minidlna config and logs

psimeon
Aspirant

minidlna config and logs

Hi,

After installing my ReadyNAS 528X I had minidlna running with auto updates. Recently some files didn't show up and I tried to do a rescan. Hower the scan fails after scanning music files. I don't get any videos or pictures in the db. I tried to check the log file, but I guess it's off by default. At least I could not find it in /var/log/ , there is no upnp-av.log file. I then tired to add /etc/minidlna.conf.local file to change the directories to be scanned and to enable the log by adding log_level=info and log_dir=/var/log.

But it seems like the local file gets ignored. I still have no log, get only the directory scanned which was entered in the GUI and the scan still fails.

Any ideas how to enalbe the logs and how to make the local config work? Any other ideas how to find out where or why the scan fails?

Thanks and regards,

Peter Simeon

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: minidlna config and logs

You use journalctl to see logs from ssh.  If you have trouble with that, then perhaps try downloading the log zip file from the web ui, and look at the log in there.

You could also try a binary search process.  That is, move all the files out of Music, and confirm that the scan completes.  Then move half of the files back, and then scan again.  If that succeeds, then move half the remaining folders back into Music.  If it fails, then move out half the files currently in Music (keeping them separated from the rest).  Though tedious, that process will zero in on the file(s) that cause the scan to fail.

Message 2 of 3
psimeon
Aspirant

Re: minidlna config and logs

Thanks. Journalctl works for the logs. I'll ty to find the file which stops the scan.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements