× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

my username & password are not recognised

Helens
Aspirant

my username & password are not recognised

I have a readynas Duo v2. When logging on to it through RAIDar or the ip address I get an error message to say that my username and password are not recognised, or the log in screen just reappears, asking for me to enter it again. I know that both are right, as I logged in about four days ago with no problem. There is no way forward eg no opportunity to reset the password. I have tried mapping the ReadyNAS as a network drive as suggested on another strand, but obviously need the username and password,which are still not recognised. This means I can't access my data at all! When I look on my network the readynas is there and all the shares are visable, but the username and password are still not recognised when I try to log in. 

any suggestions gratefully recieved!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: my username & password are not recognised

What firmware are you running?  Is SSH enabled?

You could try an OS reinstall (which resets the admin password to factory default, and also reconfigures the network to use DHCP).  But perhaps wait for Netgear folks to chime in, they might have some other possibilities to try first.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?  Is SSH enabled?

You could try an OS reinstall (which resets the admin password to factory default, and also reconfigures the network to use DHCP).  But perhaps wait for Netgear folks to chime in, they might have some other possibilities to try first.

Message 2 of 5
Helens
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Raidiator Arm, on a version earlier than 5.3.11. (does that sound right?) I can't access anything, so can't actually check, I'm just trawing through old downloads to see what I last had (5.3.11 wouldn't install, so I know it's ealier than that). SSH? sorry, what's that? Basically I set this all up and it's been trouble free untilthe last few weeks.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

SSH is a command line interface into the NAS.  Probably not for you (since you don't recognize it).

Perhaps someone from Netgear might offer to take a look.  If they don't, then support.netgear.com is probably your best option (though they will likely charge).

Message 4 of 5
Helens
Aspirant

I tried restting the OS to factory settings and it has worked immeidately. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements