× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

mysqldump: command not found on readynas ultra 2

readyram
Aspirant

mysqldump: command not found on readynas ultra 2

I'm trying to use mysqldump to create a backup of a database on my old readynas ultra 2.

When I enter the command I get the error "command not found".

From other forums I understand that mysqldump should be part of mysql-client, and as far as I can tell mysql-client 5.0 is installed. 

Another forum post suggested that the MySql /bin folder might be missing from my path, and to to use locate to find the folder. However, "locate mysqldump" yields no results, no output at all.

Any ideas on how to get mysqldump to work?

Could I or instance upgrade to a newer Mysql version?

Model: ReadyNASRNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: mysqldump: command not found on readynas ultra 2

Hi @readyram

Welcome to the Community!

mysqldump is not available for OS 4 if correct and that is why you are not seeing it on your Ultra 2 or have you upgraded to OS 6?

If you have OS 6 you should be able to get to it.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @readyram

Welcome to the Community!

mysqldump is not available for OS 4 if correct and that is why you are not seeing it on your Ultra 2 or have you upgraded to OS 6?

If you have OS 6 you should be able to get to it.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
readyram
Aspirant

Hello @Marc_V

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my readynas is running raidiator 4.2, I guess that's the same as OS 4.

I am a total linux noob, but even if mysqldump is not included in the original OS, shouldn't I be able to install it with apt-get or apt-update of the mysqlclient? mysqldump should be included in mysql 5.0, right?

I've seen some of these old forum threads about running OS 6 on x86 devices. It's typically over 50 pages of discussions and issues so it's not easy to get a clear picture. Do you know if upgrading considered hassle free now or is it still lots of issues?

Regards

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@readyram wrote:

I've seen some of these old forum threads about running OS 6 on x86 devices. It's typically over 50 pages of discussions and issues so it's not easy to get a clear picture. Do you know if upgrading considered hassle free now or is it still lots of issues?

It's generally hassle-free.  The procedure requires a factory reset (reformatting all the disks), so you do need to rebuild the NAS from scratch and restore all the data from a backup.

It is unsupported by Netgear, so you would not be able to use paid support after you convert.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements