× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: network

aash
Aspirant

network

Hello,

When transfering file from computer NAS about 1 gb it will take 6-7 hours to complete . Before few days it takes only 15 to 20 minutes. I upgrade firmware latest version. There is also detection of file on NAS is very slow since 2-3 days. Kinldy provide solution for the same

Thanks

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
dijkm88
Aspirant

Hi Aash,

So transferring from your PC to the NAS takes 6/7 hours to complete?

Do you have any further details about how your network is setup?

How much space is left on your device?

thanksss 

Message 2 of 6
aash
Aspirant

Thanks for your concern, we have 980 gb left on disk.how can we know about temp file in our device so we can delet it and my device runs fast. looking forward to your prompt and postive responce.

Message 3 of 6
dijkm88
Aspirant

I don't fully get your message, what temp. file?

Did you change anything on your network? Are you connections (cables) good? Nothing changed with that?

What has happened or changed before it was not working fine anymore?

Message 4 of 6
aash
Aspirant

We have not changed any network system. My device is connected to LAN cable and its working perfactly. When we try to copy more than 1 gb folder in NAS than it will take approx. 6 to 8 hrs. Temp file means junk behind every folder that we can not see, is there any way to find .temp file. Our internet connection speed is also good. looking forward to your positive responce.

thanks

Message 5 of 6
dijkm88
Aspirant

But before it was working well? Transfer speeds where good? As in it didn't take this amount of time? 

It depends on what is connected on the network, and various factors to be honest.

To my knowledge there is no temp. file / folder on the NAS, once something is deleted it's deleted permanently.

What is the total amount of space that you have on the NAS?

Could you check in NETWORK -> ETH0 or ETH1 what the bandwidth is?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements