× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: no disk detected after adding a new diskRN10200, Adding Disks

greanpea
Aspirant

no disk detected after adding a new diskRN10200, Adding Disks

I has a readynas 102 that has been working fine for the last 8 months with only 1 3 tb disk installed.  Today I bought a new disk to set up raid but after I but it in light it is just flashing and there are no light for the disks and raidar tell me that no disks are detected.  I have taken out the new disk but it has not made any difference.   I'd prefer not to have to do a factory reset if I can get away with it as I have data on the disks that I would rather not lose.  I can no longer log into the admin page.  Any assistance or suggestions would be much appreciated.  I even took out both disks and put in one that I no works and it still says no disk detected.  I ran a westernt digital check on both the disks and they are both good.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
greanpea
Aspirant

Ok I have fixed this now but its the most bizarre fix ever as this NAS is new and I cant see how this can happen.  The disks are fine, but I wanted to check that the disk were actually connecting to the sata connection and power in the NAS and feel them spin.  So I manually installed the disk without the tray.  I booted and the NAS found the disk and booted as normal.  I then put the disk back into the tray and sloted it back into the NAS and booted and it did not find the disk.  I cant see how this is at all possible unless the NAS had some sort of rough treatment and pushed the sata connectors back but its basically been sitting there never being moved for a year.  To fix this I have put the disk only half way into the tray and pushed it into the NAS to  ensure there was a connection and then followed with the rest of the tray to hold it steady.  This has worked and everything is back to normal.  I then tried installing disk 2 the same way and its now happily syncing.  No idea how this is possible but i will post this solution into the forum incase anyone else ever has the same issue!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I suggest contacting support.

Message 2 of 3
greanpea
Aspirant

Ok I have fixed this now but its the most bizarre fix ever as this NAS is new and I cant see how this can happen.  The disks are fine, but I wanted to check that the disk were actually connecting to the sata connection and power in the NAS and feel them spin.  So I manually installed the disk without the tray.  I booted and the NAS found the disk and booted as normal.  I then put the disk back into the tray and sloted it back into the NAS and booted and it did not find the disk.  I cant see how this is at all possible unless the NAS had some sort of rough treatment and pushed the sata connectors back but its basically been sitting there never being moved for a year.  To fix this I have put the disk only half way into the tray and pushed it into the NAS to  ensure there was a connection and then followed with the rest of the tray to hold it steady.  This has worked and everything is back to normal.  I then tried installing disk 2 the same way and its now happily syncing.  No idea how this is possible but i will post this solution into the forum incase anyone else ever has the same issue!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements