× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: no_root_squash in 6.9.3

bengsig
Aspirant

no_root_squash in 6.9.3

Hi

In https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/quot-no-root-squash-quot-option/td-p/635050 which is from 2009, it is being told that you cannot add no_root_squash for the /home share.  Is that still the case?  I need it (and yes, I do know the consequences!), and I just manually edited /etc/exports, but after a reboot, my edit was gone.  

Do I really have to come up with a workaround that does it automatically for me at reboot?

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @bengsig

Currently no_root_squash is not supported to be enabled on the Home shares and I there's no workaround but It would be better to post it on the Ideas exchange board as a feature request, getting Kudos from other Community members will certainly help the team to implement this.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 4
bengsig
Aspirant

Well, you can just modify /etc/exports when logged in as root; the problem is that I don't know if that might get overwritten if I later use the console to add/modify shares.

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @bengsig

You might want to try that way but since they already mentioned that it's on their to-do list already, Hopefully it will be included on the coming updates for ReadyNAS OS6. 🙂

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements