× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

one of three NAS show up twice in Win10 explorer navigation pane

ardea
Aspirant

one of three NAS show up twice in Win10 explorer navigation pane

Help. please!

At home we have the 104 as the main NAS (called NAS-1), and backups of important stuff are split into two, rsync'd to the pair of ReadyNAS nv+, (NAS-2,NAS-3). Gigbit network, to three PCs, all win10 updated. All working happily through updates, from Win7 days. NAS have latest OS.

Just today, a double click on "Network" shows storage:

NAS-1, NAS-1, NAS-2, NAS-3 . Expanding "Network" shows the same entries as subfolders - NAS-1 appears twice. It would appear that this is related to the OS 6.10.1, as the double entry for NAS-1 appears on all 3 PCs, 2 of which have not been booted up for about a week.  I may have inadvertantly altered an OS6 setting yesterday; but what could cause this? Any advice will be gratefully received, thank you!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay, RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: one of three NAS show up twice in Win10 explorer navigation pane

I also see mine twice - one under "computer" and one under "storage".

Clicking on "Computer" opens up file explorer, clicking on "storage" takes me to the web ui.

Message 2 of 5
ardea
Aspirant

I have one of the 3 NAS boxes (NAS-1) twice under "computer" (left click on "Network") and twice under "Storage", the other two singly at each location.

Expanding "Network" drops down Nas-1 twice, and then singly Nas-2 & Nas-3.

Exploring either NAS-1 entry works showing the correct files.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Do you have both ethernet ports connected?

Message 4 of 5
ardea
Aspirant

Hello all, and thank you for your suggestions. Both ethernet ports were not connected. All 3 NAS have manually set IP address *.*.*.11,12,13 ;Router DHPC set to range 192.168.1.40-253. Settings been like this for some years. 

Messages prompted router check, discovered despite settings still as above, the offending double entry NAS shown as DHPC dynamic (not static as per router settings) Reboot of router solved problem and doubled entry disappeared. With Win 10 updates messing up network in the past, not the first thing to spring to mind.

regards to all

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements