× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

permission and cron

sjh666
Aspirant

permission and cron

Hello all

I require different permissions on a subfolder (123) of a share (ABC). I have implemented this by setting the permissions for the majority of subfolders within the frontview gui.
Then setting permissions of 123 via commandline to 750 (rwxr-x---).

Each w/end 4 NAS devices log into a main file server and collect (via a job in frontview backup) any new files that have been loaded onto the fileserver.
Here is problem -> permissions, owner & group on any new files end up with settings from share's root dir (ABC).

I can either log in to 4 NAS devices each monday and reset settings on the 123 folder
redesign file storage (this is a good option but so many users are not able to cope wiht the slightest change)
add 2 commands to crontab to run each monday morning (chmod this and that; chown this and that)

Last option is 99% locked in. I just dont know how to do it.......
Any help appreciated

thanks
Stephen
Message 1 of 2
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Re: permission and cron

I'm not quite sure what it is that you don't know how to do, but if this is a cron setup question, you can run "crontab -e" as root on the NAS and configure the cronjob as required.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements