× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: problem accessing readynas

Jayan_ullanat
Aspirant

problem accessing readynas

My netgear readynas 316 in office intermittently becomes inaccesible from windows network. tried by both netbios name and ip address, it show  the message that its not accesible. If we power cycle the Readynas it will work properly for  1 -2 hours maximum. After that the same problem starts.

Tried disabling the SMB Plus app and re enabling, changing the version from 3 to 2.1, 2, and CIFS versions. Still, only temporery  resolution seems to do a restart of the readynas.  

Please help.?!

I supect , the poblem started after the latest firmware update 6.6.1

Model: RN31664E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Does it respond to ping when it becomes non-responsive?  Also, can you log in to the admin web ui?

Message 2 of 13
Jayan_ullanat
Aspirant

Pinging to the device works perfect without any timeouts. Also through admin GUI, I can acccess the device . There are 12 users who work concurrently in the device

It works for sometime , if we reboot the device.

scr.jpg

Message 3 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Did you purchase between 1 June 2014 and 31 May 2016?  If you did, you have lifetime free chat support (my.netgear.com).  Support can probably get you sorted out more quickly than the forum can.

Most of these symptoms aren't intermittent (as yours are). 

Message 4 of 13
Jayan_ullanat
Aspirant

No Sir..We bought in the month of August. 

As you can  see from the below pic,   rightnow Iam able to access the folders.

But will not be able to say, when it will not work.

Only thing I am not able to do now  is , I Cant access the share using the hostname.. Iam accessing through IP address.

scr2.jpg

Message 5 of 13
drw538
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 312, just updated to firmware 6.6.1 from 6.6.0

There seems to be a few recent threads related to post-update 6.6.1 issues and this one refers to one of the main problems I've been seeing since updating, esp. local access issues via hostname/ip address and that the issues are intermittent and not universal to all users/devices. 

Rather than start a new thread w/ my specifics because I don't think it's particularly efficient to chase down the idiosyncrasies of this update in my production environment I'm hoping someone can provide some feedback about rollback options in lieu of waiting for a 6.6.2 beta or debugging via chat/forum.

Has anyone factory restored/rolled back their ReadyNAS after having 6.6.1 issues?   Did the issues clear up?

Much thanks.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 6 of 13
parnola
Initiate

We have this same problem with our ReadyNAS 3138. We downgraded to 6.6.0 but the problem persists. A reboot brings the share back on the network for some period of time (an hour or two) and then users lose access again.

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay
Message 7 of 13
drw538
Aspirant

parnola - thanks for the prompt reply - bummer your issues persist.

Just to be totally explicit: Did you factory reset your ReadyNAS or just reinstall the OS?  (not sure what options your box has but those appear to be the only options I have w/ the RN312)

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 8 of 13
Jayan_ullanat
Aspirant

Trying Downgrading...???  Man Frustrated

Is downgrading possible without data loss/data backup...?? 

I think I have got very tough days ahead .!!!  Cat Mad

Any other altrnatives or any firmware updates/patches...etc etc etc... Cat Frustrated

Message 9 of 13
parnola
Initiate

I did not factory reset, I downloaded the 6.6.0 firmware and did a manual update (i.e., downgrade).

Message 10 of 13
Jayan_ullanat
Aspirant

Does downgrading require a databackup . ? Approx 3TB backup is there for me .? Man Frustrated

Message 11 of 13
drw538
Aspirant

parnola - OK thanks.

jayan_ullanat -

A factory reset does require a data backup (not sure about a downgrade/OS restore).  This is looking like the best option for my environment but it sounds like it may not be for yours.  It does seem like NG is working on a 6.6.2 beta, possibly available next week, but I don't know if the root cause of your/my issue will be covered. 

These other active threads may or may not be relevant:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-to-ReadyNAS/After-upgrading-to-6-6-1-I-m-unable-to-install-any-...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Lots-of-Virus-detection-after-6-6-1-Update/m-p/...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-to-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-Cannot-browse-shares-after-upgrade-to-OS-6...

Thanks for the help!  If/when I proceed w/ a factory restore or additional debugging I'll add it here to grow our knowledge base 😉

Message 12 of 13
Jayan_ullanat
Aspirant

Thanx dude or the support.Man Very Happy

Still waiting for the updates.

My accounts Dept is fully dependent on the NAS , and myself only have to resolve our problem.! Man Sad

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements