× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

problem with set up ultra 2

Helium74
Aspirant

problem with set up ultra 2

Hello i just bought a readynas ultra 2 but i unfortunately came into problems imidiately when trying to innstall the readynas
ifollowed the instructions in the guide that followed the nas
i innstalled a brand new seagate barracuda 2tb hardisk (ST2000DL003) that i found in the compatabillity list
i then connected the mnas to my router which is a tp link wr1043nd which is connected to my desktop pc and modem
after powering the nas up i installed the raidar utillity from the software disc that followed and accessed the Raidar utillity
but here is the problem : the set up button is greyed out and the ip adress is 192.168.1.103 and it says no disks detected
under mac adress it says 30:46:9A:F9:20:03 and ther is nothing under model
and both the browse and set up button isnt working
does this mean there is something wrong with the ip adress or my router settings ??
i would be very greatfull if i could get some advice on how to fix this
a detailed explainatrion would be appreciated since im not very experienced when it comes to network
any advice would be greatly welcomed
since i cant do anything right now since i cant set up the nas
Message 1 of 6
dbott67
Guide

Re: problem with set up ultra 2

Message 2 of 6
Helium74
Aspirant

hmm thanks for the advice i tried to reset factory to default but it didnt fix it
Message 3 of 6
Helium74
Aspirant

any other advices are welcome
Message 4 of 6
dbott67
Guide

Could be a flaky disk. Best to test it with vendor tools: http://home.bott.ca/webserver/?p=388

Another option is to try another disk if you have one lying around. Insert disk (any data will be lost) and then factory reset the unit as per my previous post. You may also want to delete any/all existing partitions on the disk before beginning. Details in the link above.
Message 5 of 6
Helium74
Aspirant

i fixed it
not sure what i did but i tried your advice once more and it did the trick
thanks alot for the help
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos