× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Unrecognized server error" when manually installing 6.6.0

nsne
Virtuoso

"Unrecognized server error" when manually installing 6.6.0

When attempting to manually install the new 6.6.0 firmware on my 314, I'm getting an "Unrecognized server error" dialog. Tried to download and install the new FW multiple times.

Should I be uploading the .zip archive or just the .img it contains? In the past I've uploaded the full .zip.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Typically, you should extract the firmware from the zip and just upload the IMG file. 

I know that uploading the zip works in a lot of cases. the 6.6.0 download file includes another file (the .odm file) which we are removing soon so until we remove it, please extract the zip and just upload the .img file.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@nsne wrote:

When attempting to manually install the new 6.6.0 firmware on my 314, I'm getting an "Unrecognized server error" dialog. Tried to download and install the new FW multiple times.

I've never seen that error.

You can upload the full zip, but of course the NAS then has to unzip.  So perhaps try the img, just to see if it behaves differently.

What firmware are you running now?

Message 2 of 4
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Typically, you should extract the firmware from the zip and just upload the IMG file. 

I know that uploading the zip works in a lot of cases. the 6.6.0 download file includes another file (the .odm file) which we are removing soon so until we remove it, please extract the zip and just upload the .img file.

Message 3 of 4
nsne
Virtuoso

Good to know. Oddly, even though I got the error dialog, when I logged back into the admin page, it said that the 6.6.0 firmware had been uploaded and would be installed on the next reboot.

I was running the 6.5.2 firmware prior to this.

Slightly OT, but I'm *still* having trouble with the same Amazon Cloud Sync error after the firmware upgrade. I also wish it were one-way (i.e., backup) instead of bidirectional.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements