× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

raidAR ulta 2 not showing after set up of google wifi

karishmadan
Aspirant

raidAR ulta 2 not showing after set up of google wifi

hi i changed to google wifi and now i cant see my neatgear raidar ultra 2 network on my computer and raidar cant locate it due to the change in network please help

error msg netgear is not accesible from this computer . check network settings.

karishma 

Model: ReadyNASRNDU2205|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 1TB (2 x 500GB Desktop),ReadyNASRNDU2220|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 4TB (2 x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: raidAR ulta 2 not showing after set up of google wifi

Did you have the IP address set to static?  If so, your new service probably uses a different subnet, and that's the problem.  If you only set up one port to be static, just plug in the other one.  If both were set up as static, then an OS re-install will reset them to DHCP, but will also reset the admin password (to password on OS6.x and netgear1 on OS 42.x).

Setting up a static address on the NAS is not the recommended solution to retaining an IP address.  Address reservation on the router is preferred, mostly because of this exact situation.

Message 2 of 4
karishmadan
Aspirant

hi thanks for your reply. how do i set a static ip address ?? and what should the static ip address be?

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

You don't want a static IP, you want an IP that's reserved by your router.  How to do that depends on the router.  Here is how to do it on Google WiFi: Google WiFi DHCP reservation

But if you don't know how to set a static IP on the NAS, then that's probably not your problem. 

How are you connecting the NAS to the network?  Take a look here: Hardwire Wifi points and other devices and make sure you are following a recommended method of hardwiring the NAS with Google WiFi.  You may be experiencing a problem with double NAT.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements