× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readyNAS RN10400 do_exit+480

rn10444
Aspirant

readyNAS RN10400 do_exit+480

Hello,

I am experiencing problems with my RN10400 readyNAS. It does not boot but displays immediately after displaying "Checking root FS" for a short instance this message:

>> do_exit+480 <<

The message stays there and the NAS does not boot any further.

I already updated the firmware via USB to 6.9.4, no difference. Does anybody know what this message means?

thank you very much

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readyNAS RN10400 do_exit+480

Hi @rn10444

Welcome to the Community!

It's not a flash issue if USB recovery did not resolved it. Can you set the NAS on Tech Support mode and provide me the 5 digit code through PM.

Many thanks!

Regards

Message 2 of 8
rn10444
Aspirant

Thank you. Maybe it helps noticing that the NAS boots up if I select reinstall OS from boot menu. But as soon as I restart it I have the same problem being stuck in do_exit+480
Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 8
rn10444
Aspirant

Hello,

can somebody please support with this issue?

Thanks a lot

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@rn10444 wrote:

can somebody please support with this issue?

Did you boot up in tech support mode, and PM the 5-digit code to @Marc_V ?

Message 5 of 8
rn10444
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB,

thank you. I did indeed, but I couldnt reach @Marc_V for a while. I am in contact with him again over PM now

Message 6 of 8
rn10444
Aspirant

GOODBYE NETGEAR

Goodbye NETGEAR!

Since Marc_V seems to be the only one in the whole NETGEAR company that tries to help and the "technical experts" did not manage to even have a look at the NAS that has been in tech support mode for the past 3 months I decided to dump that thing.

Netgear support is a joke, I bought a QNAP and I am very happy with that. I will not recommend any NETGEAR product to anyone.

@Marc_V: Sorry and thank you for your constant support on that. I know you tried hard to help.

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: GOODBYE NETGEAR

@rn10444 wrote: "Netgear support is a joke, I bought a QNAP and I am very happy with that. I will not recommend any NETGEAR product to anyone."

Though this is probably comparing apples with potatoes (RN104 fossil with a newer more powerful QNAP model), NETGEAR should take this as a serious example to more diligently address needs of people, who deal with older nas models of its brand. Its a question of professionality to not let customers down, who still use products, which where state of the art at their time and helped NETGEAR to earn their profits, but seem to be a bit outdated today.

By the way @rn10444, I'm using an RN426 for 3 months now, which works like a charm. I retired an RN104 and RN204 for that and I am very happy with my decision. Have fun with the QNAP.

Kind regards

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements