× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas 3200 web i/f locked up

pumpgun
Aspirant

readynas 3200 web i/f locked up

i have a 3200 that i was having problems with an iscsi target for an ESXi host. even after rebooting the esx host, the target would not show up on it. after debugging with vmware tech support, it appeared that the 3200 was not responding to the requests for iscsi login so i disabled the target on the 3200 and was going to reenable it but as soon as i disabled the target, the web interface on the 3200 locked up and no longer allows connection. the 3200 appears to be up and responding to other iscsi traffic and i can ssh into it but no web. can someone give me a hand with this? i am kind of desparate here. i have several machines on that target and they are all down.

thanks
Message 1 of 5
TeknoJnky
Hero

Re: readynas 3200 web i/f locked up

I'd suggest you call in or open a web support ticket for fastest response
Message 2 of 5
pumpgun
Aspirant

ya did that. still waiting
Message 3 of 5
pumpgun
Aspirant

tech support is telling me i need to reload the OS. this is unbelievable. all i did was click a button to disable an iscsi target. the tech support guy was unable to tell me how to restart the web interface on this machine. does anyone know how to restart frontview on these things without a os reload? at this point i am disgusted. i will need to take down dozens of vms to do reload the os and am afraid i am going to lose my data. i have veeam backups but to go into a recovery mode for all of them would be days. any help is appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You may wish to edit the thread title (i.e. the subject of the first post in the thread) to include your case number.

What version of RAIDiator are you running? You can check by doing

cat /var/log/raidiator_version

Or better yet to display a list of the RAIDiator versions you've used also do the following:

cat /var/log/frontview/initrd.log

What web browser and version are you using? If running an old version of RAIDiator, but a new version of a web browser it's possible there's a compatibility issue with the web browser you used and Frontview. There's also been improvements to how iSCSI is handled in Frontview over time.

Do note that Frontview is a low priority process so if you are heavily using the NAS you may have trouble accessing Frontview.

I'd also suggest (even if it's unlikely to be related to the problem) that you try clearing your web browser cache (e.g. Temporary Internet Files) before resorting to restarting Frontview.

You might want to check /etc/ietd.conf to see that it looks fine (that changes made to that file to disable the target were made properly) before restarting Frontview. The Frontview service is separate to the iSCSI service of course, but it'd be nice to check that Frontview did what it should have before it unfortunately hanged.

Also looking at recent entries in log files under /var/log/frontview would be a good idea.

If you want to restart Frontview you can try
apache-ssl -f /etc/frontview/apache/httpd.conf -k restart

A good post I often look at when questions about restarting Frontview are asked is here: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=207713#p207713

If you can get access to Frontview after restarting it, please download your logs (Status > Logs > Download all Logs) and ask support for details on how to send them in to them for review.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements