× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas devices with intel quick sync video support or usable pcie slots

TeknoJnky
Hero

readynas devices with intel quick sync video support or usable pcie slots

I am pretty sure I already know the answer (no?), but just in case I missed something;

Are there *any* (desktop or rack) readynas devices that support either;

• 2nd-generation Intel Core (Sandy Bridge, 2011) or newer
  • *AND* Supports Intel Quick Sync Video (Not sure? Look up your processor)

https://ark.intel.com/Search/FeatureFilter?productType=processors&QuickSyncVideo=true

ideally with Intel® UHD Graphics 600 or 500 series graphics processor.

OR

a working PCIExpress slot that an external video card can be installed in?

This is of course is all necessary to support plex hardware video transcoding.

I need a new solution, please don't let the competition out innovate you.

what I need is an (affordable) readynas with 

• Hardware-accelerated HEVC 10-bit decoding/encoding on Windows and Linux requires a 7th-generation Intel Core (Kabylake, 2016) or newer.
Model: RN528X|ReadyNAS 528X - Premium Performance Business Data Storage 8-Bay
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas devices with intel quick sync video support or usable pcie slots

Hi @TeknoJnky

No ReadyNAS desktop or rackmount model has the processors you mentioned. Hopefully, in the future, these newer processors will be used on a ReadyNAS system but if there will be it might be with the higher models of ReadyNAS system.

Regarding PCI-E slot, there are rackmount models like the RR2312 which has the PCI-E slot but currently, it is not being supported meaning the board has the slot but no hardware yet is available to be attached.

You may want to check on this link regarding PLEX video transcoding which lists models that supports it. This might be helpful for your project.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas devices with intel quick sync video support or usable pcie slots

Hi @TeknoJnky

No ReadyNAS desktop or rackmount model has the processors you mentioned. Hopefully, in the future, these newer processors will be used on a ReadyNAS system but if there will be it might be with the higher models of ReadyNAS system.

Regarding PCI-E slot, there are rackmount models like the RR2312 which has the PCI-E slot but currently, it is not being supported meaning the board has the slot but no hardware yet is available to be attached.

You may want to check on this link regarding PLEX video transcoding which lists models that supports it. This might be helpful for your project.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements