× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas pro 6 stuck in boot/check root FS/check FS loop

Sandshark
Sensei

Re: readynas pro 6 stuck in boot/check root FS/check FS loop

Even when the "original" Seasonic was available, it didn't have the extended 24-pin cable needed for a ReadyNAS.  I don't know if the eBay seller listing the ones that "just fit" had them custom made or just includes the required extender pre-installed.  A 6-inch extender on eBay is about $7, so you do end up with a lower total cost that way, assuming a 6" extension is long enough (it typically is, but one can never be sure unless you've used that brand before).

While the Seasonic power supply is rated at 300W, it's distribution of the various voltages is atypical, and you generally have to get a 350W or even 400W or more supply to insure it has sufficient 12V power.  A lot of them don't have the three 4-pin Molex connectors, either.  But I usually replace them with the 90-degree ones from the old supply to shorten those cables and make the overall installation a little cleaner.

Do come back and let us know what you decide.  I used up my last stored away Seasonic, so will have to buy something if I need to fix another.  But every time I see something that looks promising, it seems it goes off the market.

Message 51 of 53
Number6
Aspirant

@Sandshark -- I wasn't going to post the link since I'm not pushing this Psu, but since it might or might not work & you know the hardware details that I don't know... here's the possibly compatible Psu: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-350W-Netgear-ReadyNAS-Pro-Business-Edition-POWER-SUPPLY-Replace-N2-/401...

Sure, I'd MUCH rather spend $30-40 instead of $65, but if this one will work "for sure", it's likely worth it (is it?).

Message 52 of 53
Sandshark
Sensei

Your link is broken, but I know the one you are referring to.  The specs look good.  The +5V and +3.3V are individually rated lower than the original, but the 20A rating for each on the original is a bit misleading since their combined capability is less than the total of the two separate specs.  And the NAS really doesn't draw that much from those, anyway.  The two +12V busses are rated higher, and so is the +5VSB.

So, based on the ad, I'd say it should work just fine.  Better, in fact, since it has a thermally controlled fan and the higher +5VSB (which is what's often the first to go).

The seller is KDMPower, and it appears to be a modified KDM SFX power supply.  If that means they are the manufacturer, then they may have custom built them with the longer cable, whihc is easier to install than a normal one with extender.

It does not show if it's 110/220V auto-switching or has a manual switch (which would be impossible to get to once installed in the NAS).  But that's not something you'll normally need to worry about.

Message 53 of 53
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 52 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements