× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas remote legacy users affected by cloud outage?

unita
Aspirant

readynas remote legacy users affected by cloud outage?

I am still unable to connect to my readynas nv+  using readynas remote since the cloud outage. I notice there was a firmware update for readycloud users. is there going to be something equivalent for legacy remote users?

any update would be appreciated.

regards,

Stephen Targett

unit a architecture inc.

toronto

Message 1 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas remote legacy users affected by cloud outage?

Hello unita,

I checked your profile and found that you are using the Sparc based ReadyNAS OS4. 

Have you checked if ReadyNAS Remote is still enabled in your ReadyNAS FrontView? I suggest you try turning off the ReadyNAS Remote and turning it back on re-registering your ReadyNAS Remote account to it.

The ReadyCloud server is different from ReadyNAS Remote's. May I also ask for the ReadyNAS Remote add-on version you have on the NAS and the ReadyNAS Remote app version you are using?

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
unita
Aspirant

hi JennC,

I took your advice and removed readynas remote as an addon - but I can't find the download page on the netgear website to re-install it?

would you, or someone here, be able to point me to the page to download this addon?

thank you for any assistance!

Stephen

Message 3 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unita,

You can get the ReadyNAS remote add-on here. Let us know if reinstalling the said add-on fixes your issue.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
unita
Aspirant

hi Brian,

I successfully re-installed the add-on, rebooted the readynas, but still won't connect.

I can log on successfully but it won't connect to the device and show the shares.

I installed the iphone app onto my iphone  but it won't connect either - same thing: it logs on but won't actually connect to the device.

the faq's of the iphone app mention something about ftp settings - could this be an issue? is there a help doc that shows me how to configure the ftp settings? should this even be enabled for readynas remote to work?  I didn't touch them when I first installed the remote add-on and it worked fine for a couple of months.

any further assistance would be most appreciated. this is a critical issue for us now.

Message 5 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unita,

ReadyCLOUD server should be up by now. Try it again and if it still doesn't work let me know.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
unita
Aspirant

hi Brian, and Jenn,

I'm back up!!

I honestly can't say which activity it was did the trick - the last action I performed before successfully reconnecting was to 'restart p2p' in the advanced settings tab of the 'manage readynas remote' page - I hadn't noticed that button before.

I don't know why I would need to reboot p2p since I had completely removed and re-added the readynas remote add-on - but there you go.

stephen

Message 7 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unita,

Thank you for letting us know that your ReadyNAS remote connection is up again. We're glad that we are able to help 🙂 You may now tag this thread or topic as resolved by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements