× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

registering node

RMcP1
Aspirant

registering node

Hello

I have recently installed the ReadyNAS Remote Windows App Beta(1.7.6.27) having upgraded to Windows 10 and been unable to login in remotely. When I try to login remotely to our ReadyNas Ultra2, it says that I have logged in successfully but sticks at 'registering node...'  I cannot then logout or exit without forcing shutdown of the laptop.  I have been able to login through my iPad and have successfully installed this on another laptop. 

Please help!

Message 1 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: registering node

Hi RMcP1,

Welcome to the community!

It appears that the problem is specific on this PC. Did you use a single ReadyNAS remote ID on your test on your iPad and secondary laptop? Also try to check if there's a firewall or a security software on this pc that may have blocked the ReadyNAS remote app to connect to server. Lastly, you want to run windows compatibility (Windows 7 or 😎 prior the installation of the ReadyNAS remote app and see if it helps.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
RMcP1
Aspirant

Hi BrainL

Not sure what you mean by a 'single ReadyNAS remote it' -  I just installed the app and logged in and it worked whereas it won't on this laptop!

From what I can see, the logging on is not being blocked by any firewall as ReadyNAS is allowed through.

I have also run windows compatability again and tried to reinstall, and found myself in exactly the sma eposition again as registering node...

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Richard

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RMcP1,

It should be the word "ID". Either we wait for the software to be released officially or try to get a fresh copy of the said software here.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements