× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

root disk full, locked out

deucedaily
Aspirant

root disk full, locked out

Hi All:

My root disk is full on my readynas ultra 4.  I found this was due to some misbehaving upgrade with crashplan. I was able to keep ahead of it for a while, but after my recent reboot it came back up like a stock out of the box readynas.  I had to reset all of my services and my apple time machine and all other services are still not showing.  The biggest issue I have however is that I cannot ssh into my system to remove files out of the crashplan portion (/usr/local/crashplan).  I tried to re-download the plugin, but it says arch is not compatible.  I'm not sure where to go now to get this resolved.  I used the same plugin before.  I think that I have a catch 22 issue where the add-on won't install because the OS disk is full, but I cannot access the FS to get the OS disk clear of the junk.  Anyone have suggestions?  Netgear kindly reminded me that my support ended 4 years ago, but that pretty much leaves me up you know who's creek.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: root disk full, locked out

There's an extensive thread on this here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Backing-up-to-your-ReadyNAS/Crashplan-JRE-update-needed/td-p/985781

If you boot up in support mode, you can still access the NAS via telnet, mount the OS partition, and delete the runaway upgrade files in /usr/local/crashplan/upgrade.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Others have seen this too. In any case installing Crashplan requires SSH and issues with Crashplan wouldn't have been covered anyway under the support warranty.

Most likely your issue relates to Crashplan now requiring a newer version of Java than it did before.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

There's an extensive thread on this here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Backing-up-to-your-ReadyNAS/Crashplan-JRE-update-needed/td-p/985781

If you boot up in support mode, you can still access the NAS via telnet, mount the OS partition, and delete the runaway upgrade files in /usr/local/crashplan/upgrade.  

Message 3 of 4
deucedaily
Aspirant

Thanks that got me back in.  Looks like JRE upgraded too.  Hopefully will cure crashplan upgrade woes

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements