× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: smb.service fails to start

ury_mc
Follower

smb.service fails to start

I am starting this topic over, as a very much similar one was not resolved, at least here on forum.

I did not notice when exactly this happened, but can be nailed down to 2 reasons.

1. Less probable - after I have CUPS installed via apt and attempted to tune it. Was aiming to set an hp printer, and never touched smb. I havn't succeed, and removed cups completely, using apt. Just to make clear for those interested, smb did not work before cups was removed. I have removed and installed again the same Samba package, with apt, after removing cups, as thought that may help. Nope... no way

2. More probable - Hotfix 6.10.1, and stable 6.10.2 were installed, successfully, with no sign of any error.

SMB was identified non-functioning, after hotfix installation. Not sure, when exactly.

Any advise is appreciated

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: smb.service fails to start

@ury_mc wrote:

2. More probable - Hotfix 6.10.1, and stable 6.10.2 were installed, successfully, with no sign of any error.

SMB was identified non-functioning, after hotfix installation. Not sure, when exactly.

FWIW, this didn't happen on my own RN102 back when I was running that firmware.

@ury_mc wrote:

Any advise is appreciated

Maybe set the logging level in /etc/systemd/system.conf to debug, and then try starting the SMB from ssh?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements