× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: speed of my Readynas nv+

irarosenstudio
Aspirant

speed of my Readynas nv+

Hi,

You were so helpful in the past, I thought I'd try one more question. 

I recently replaced the drives in my Ready nas nv+ with 2gb units. 

I updated firmaware as you suggested and the drive is working well. My only question it wether or not there is a way to increase the speed of transfers. Not so much on the way in, but on the way out it crawls. Today I transfered out 3gb of images and it took almost 2 hours. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ira Rosen

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello irarosenstudio,

2 hours for 3GB I think is too much. Have you checked the network setup already? If the computer you are using as source of the file is connected wirelessly to the network, you might want to check if you get the same results when connected via LAN cable. Also, how do you transfer files? What protocol do you use?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello irarosenstudio,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
irarosenstudio
Aspirant

Hi,

I've been away. So I haven't gotten
back to my system. I know you asked
if we were wireless, we are not.

It's on a  Prosafe 8 port gigabit switch, model GS10.

Does that help?

Thanks again!!!

Ira

Message 4 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello irarosenstudio,

Is there any add-ons running? You might want to try connecting the computer and NAS straight to the router also to check if you get the same results.

This may also help you: NETGEAR Support How do I optimize system performance

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
irarosenstudio
Aspirant

Hi,

Please forgive my dropping the ball here. I've been out of the country and haven't had the chance to continue working to resolve this. At this time no change has been made. Unit running very slowly and I will look into it asap.

Thanks for support.

Ira

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements