× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: swapped disks from one NV+ to another data doesn't show up

mspetersen
Aspirant

swapped disks from one NV+ to another data doesn't show up

I had a NV+ v1 fail and bought a used one so I could to get the data off the hard drives. Swapped the disks from the old to the new. New NV+ shows up in the finder on my iMac, but doesn't show up in RaidAR. I can access through the finder, but none of the files show up. All I see is a file called "homes" and none of my old files are visable. Ideas?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mspetersen,

Thank you for the information that you provided. I have sent you a PM for some instructions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mspetersen,

It is possible that your old NV+ and the one that you just bought have different firmwares. Also consider that it might have different IP settings. I suggest that you connect the ReadyNAS to your computer and check the RAIDar utility to see if it sees it. If it sees it, ensure that your PC matches the same IP settings of the ReadyNAS for you to be able to access it.

Let me know what happens.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
mspetersen
Aspirant

It does not show up on RaidAR when directly connected to my iMac, but does when its on my LAN. 

Message 3 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mspetersen,

Thank you for your feedback. When its on your LAN network and shows up on the RAIDar utility, does its IP address match the IP address used on your LAN network? You can check your MAC computer's IP address by going to System Preferences -> Network then look for your LAN or WLAN (wireless).

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 9
mspetersen
Aspirant

If I give my iMac and the NV+ the identical IP address (in this case 10.0.1.91) nothing appears on RaidAR. If I change my iMac to 10.0.1.92, then the NV+ will show up on RaidAR, but I only see a folder called "Homes" and none of the rest of the data on the Hard Drives.

Message 5 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mspetersen,

Sorry. It shouldn't match the IP address but it should be on the same segment or order, where the last octet or number will be different. Anyway, what is the Firmware version running on the ReadyNAS/

Kind regards,

BrianL

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
mspetersen
Aspirant

RaidAR shows Firmware Version 4.1.14

Message 7 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mspetersen,

Thank you for the information that you provided. I have sent you a PM for some instructions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 9
mspetersen
Aspirant

Thank you for you help. You went ablove & beyond, and you got the NV+ working agan. Thanks again!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements