× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

time machine gives "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2.)" on readynas duo

stustaff
Aspirant

time machine gives "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2.)" on readynas duo

So I had a HD fail luckily i have a Time Machine backup of the data however i cant get osx to read it?

I connected my readynas and it shows mounted with folders for admin, C, home etc but all show empty in finder which i think is normal.

but when i try to connect the readynas time macjhine I originally got the error in the title.

I read a few reports on line and updated to RAIDar 4.1.14. and changed the time machine password in frontview.

I can now connect to my readyNAS 1TB in TM

BUT it says 10GB available and the timer starts to do a backup rather than recgonising the 900GB of data already backed up..

if i try to enter time machine it says cannot connect to a current time machine backup.

im very tech illiterate... well a littl bit and I just cant work out what to do...

thanks

Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: time machine gives "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2.)" on ready

Have you looked at articles on restoring from a Time Machine backup e.g. using Migration Assistant?

Which version of Mac OS X is on your Mac?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements