× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

update issue with 4.2.18 - Ultra2

dudeeg
Aspirant

update issue with 4.2.18 - Ultra2

Hi!

I've started updating my Ultra2 (from RAIDiator 4.2.17 to 4.2.18) remotely roughly 1 hour ago. In the last 40 minutes nothing has happened. Blue 'update' LED is still blinking on FrontView but there is no network traffic anymore, so I guess the firmware image is already downloaded. The HDD LEDs are also dark. What is strange for me the 'Status/Logs' says the following:

"Please reboot your ReadyNAS device to continue with the update process."

But if I switch to the 'System/Shutdown' page it says:

'Shutdown options are currently unavailable due to an active background task. This page will automatically update when the task is complete. Please attempt the shutdown again at that time.'

So right now there is no way to reboot the device from FrontView. Obviously these two messages above are controversial.
Any advice how to proceed? Shall I switch off the NAS using the hardware button?

Also, don't you think that this might be a bug somewhere in the update procedure?

Thanks,
G.
Message 1 of 2
dudeeg
Aspirant

Re: update issue with 4.2.18 - Ultra2

Okay. It seems its solved now. I closed the browser and then reconnected to Frontview. After this the reboot option became available, and following the reboot the 4.2.18 was successfully installed.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements