× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.4.1 RC1 wants to wake

grahamu59
Tutor

6.4.1 RC1 wants to wake

This firmware wakes my 102 after it powers down. It's set to power down at 11 PM, which it does but immediately powers up again. This repeats at midnight but stays awake for 18 mins. After that if stays off until 6AM when it powers up as it should. The only 'activity' that happens in these unwanted periods of power on is AV updates.

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: 6.4.1 RC1 wants to wake

It might also be maintaining snapshots - is there any indication of that in the logs?

Do you also have wake on lan enabled?

Message 2 of 7
grahamu59
Tutor

No shares have snapshots enabled and no snapshot creation is shown in the logs. WoL is enabled, yes.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@grahamu59 wrote:

No shares have snapshots enabled and no snapshot creation is shown in the logs. WoL is enabled, yes.

Does disabling WoL change the behavior?

Message 4 of 7
grahamu59
Tutor

No. Disabled WoL yesterday, last night it shout down at 11:00 and restarted 1 min 18 seconds later. After 17 mins did an AV update and stayed on all night doing nothing. 

Message 5 of 7
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Have you changed your MTU?

Message 6 of 7
grahamu59
Tutor

MTU has been changed yes.

Interestingly since disabeling WoL the first night it did as I reported but since then has performed as expected, i.e.been off all night.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements