× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6.6.0 hotfix removed

PaulSijben
Aspirant

6.6.0 hotfix removed

In earlier discussions a hotfix was linked fixing the webdav/http access to the NAS. 

Alas since end of october the web design people from Netgear have deviced to reorder the Readynas information, thus removing the hotfix.

Google will not find it for me.

Does someone have readynasos_6.6.0+1_all.deb for me please?

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
PaulSijben
Aspirant

ah, my problem turned out to be more complex. Postfix was broken and hence newaliases looped indefinitely. reinstalling postfix also did not work. Turned out the root-cause was a wrong ownership of /etc/aliases. After fixing that (chown root:root /etc/aliases) postfix was happily installed as were the rest of the updates.

Paul

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is an update that the system should automatically install within a week. In fact there's a newer version of the hotfix now with other fixes as well that would be installed.

Alternatively you could update to 6.6.1 beta.

Message 2 of 5
PaulSijben
Aspirant

thank you. Is there a way I can trigger that hotfix to be installed?

Because if I click on "Check for updates" it comes back with the statement that the software is already up to date.

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could reboot the NAS. This should force it to be installed within minutes afterwards if it hasn't already been.

Message 4 of 5
PaulSijben
Aspirant

ah, my problem turned out to be more complex. Postfix was broken and hence newaliases looped indefinitely. reinstalling postfix also did not work. Turned out the root-cause was a wrong ownership of /etc/aliases. After fixing that (chown root:root /etc/aliases) postfix was happily installed as were the rest of the updates.

Paul

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements