× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AD Access Problems after upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.6.0

DirkG
Aspirant

AD Access Problems after upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.6.0

Hello,

after upgrading from firmware 6.5.1 to 6.6.0, some AD users are not able to access the shares. They get the message Access denied, even for folders with access for everyone.

I have already checked AD connection using AD accounts refresh. The import works without problems and all AD users are shown on the accounts overview page on the Readynas.

How can I resolve this issue?

Best regards

Dirk

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AD Access Problems after upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.6.0

Hello DirkG,

Sorry, I missed putting "not" in there. It should be read as:

It is just share level, not for sub folder and files permissions, they should be set on the AD server already.

I guess you can try reintegrating, however, I recommend backing up the private/home shares if they have files stored.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DirkG,

Have you tried rebooting the NAS?

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
DirkG
Aspirant

Hello JennC,

I have reebooted the NAS after installing the firmware upgrade to 6.6.0.

Best regards

Dirk

Message 3 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DirkG,

Please send logs, include the issue and link to this thread.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
DirkG
Aspirant

Hello JennC,

I sent the logs.

Best regards

Dirk

Message 5 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DirkG,

I checked the logs and found dirk user (I intentionally did not complete the username) is getting an error. I have not seen other users tried to login.

Is the user dirk still listed on the user list? Can you also put a check mark to Allow Anonymous Access box?

Regards,

Message 6 of 11
DirkG
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

it is correct that the mentioned UserID is getting the error, while other UserIDs are working.

The user dirk is still on the user list of the AD shown on the website of the Readynas and is working fine with other AD shares on other Readynas or WIndows machines.

Regarding 'allow Anonymous Access', some shares are set to allow anonymous access, but the user dirk is also getting the error while accessing these shares.

Regarding 'Allow Anonymous Access box', can you please provide me with a hint, where to find this setting, because I have only found this setting based on share level, but not on box level?

Best regards

Dirk

Message 7 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DirkG,

It is just share level, for sub folder and files permissions, they should be set on the AD server already.

So, what you are saying is only the user Dirk is not getting access and others do not have the problem? It is possible that this user changed its password or changed the userID in the AD server. Please confirm. 

Does this user Dirk have private/home share stored to the NAS? Please try clicking Refresh ADS accounts under Users > Authentication.

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
DirkG
Aspirant

Hello JennC,

there was no change with the user Dirk regarding the AD.

Moreover, other ReadyNAS and Windows shares, which are also using the AD and have specific user rights for Dirk (not anonymous access) were accessible by Dirk without any problem.

Also refreshing the AD from the ReadyNAS website has not solved he problem.

Moreover, there is a home share on this ReadyNAS for Dirk, but this share is not being used.

Compared to other AD based shares and due to the observations I made, it seems that there is a kind of "access denied" before even the anonymous shares are visible for Dirk.

Dirk gets "access denied, please use other credentials". Using different credentials at this time, shares are visible and can be accessed.

You also mentioned that there is a setting for anonymous access for the whole box (and not only the shares). Is there a possibility to reset this access permission?

Another idea would be to restart the AD and the ReadyNAS. Shall I try this step, or do you recommend something else?

Best regards

Dirk

Message 9 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DirkG,

Sorry, I missed putting "not" in there. It should be read as:

It is just share level, not for sub folder and files permissions, they should be set on the AD server already.

I guess you can try reintegrating, however, I recommend backing up the private/home shares if they have files stored.

Regards,

Message 10 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DirkG,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements