× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin page forgot username and password. RAIDar show ReadyNAS drive, but will not browse anymore.

MikeDK
Aspirant

Admin page forgot username and password. RAIDar show ReadyNAS drive, but will not browse anymore.

Problem:

I changed internet companies, therefore router about a week ago. After the change, whenever i want to browse the ReadyNAS network drive, i click on "Browse" in RAIDar, but it just goes straight to my a explorer window, and opens with just my standard "Documents" folder. Now when i go to the admin page, i need a username and password, and i have no idea what that is, or how i retrieve it?

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

For a little side note, i can access the ReadyNAS drive fine on my 2 smart tvs, my Xbox One, and my smartphone. But for some reason, my PC just won't do it...!

Thank you in advance:-)

Model: RND2000v2|READYNAS DUO v2|EOL
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Admin page forgot username and password. RAIDar show ReadyNAS drive, but will not browse anymore

Is the NAS I.P. in the same range as that for your new router or in the range for the old router?

Have you tried an OS Re-install yet (this will reset some network settings and the admin password)?

Message 2 of 6
MikeDK
Aspirant

Re: Admin page forgot username and password. RAIDar show ReadyNAS drive, but will not browse anymore

I have no idea if the NAS I.P is in the same range, and no i have not tried it?

But what is the username for the admin page login? Cause if the password is something standard like "admin" then it would still be the same, as i have never changed it, since i got the NAS???

But please advice on how to do an OS Re-install, as this might help me out?

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

The admin name is just "admin" (lower case) and the default password is "password" for the newer systems and "netgear1" for older.

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@MikeDK wrote:

I have no idea if the NAS I.P is in the same range...

@mdgm-ntgr is asking because this problem usually happens when

• users assign a static IP address to their ReadyNAS (for instance 192.168.0.x)
  • they change ISPs later on and end up with a new router that uses a different address range (for instance 192.168.1.x)

If you did this, then the OS reinstall procedure will fix it.  If you just forgot the admin password, then it will reset that too (as explained by @Sandshark)

Message 5 of 6
MikeDK
Aspirant

Ok thank you... Actually thanks to all of you.

In some magic way, RAIDar works now, and when i click browse, it actually goes into an explorer window that browses the ReadyNAS, not my PC. I have no idea why, i have been away from home for a couple of days in which it has been turned off due to the power being out for a brief period, but other than that no changes has been made.

I have tried logging in to the admin page, it does not work with the default admin username, and "password" or "netgear1" as password.

I will probably try the OS reinstall, because with that i will be able to use the admin page again.

But thank you, and have a nice day, u all have been great!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements