× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin page issue after upgrade

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Admin page issue after upgrade

Have you tried clearing your web browser cache, closing your web browser and then reopening the web admin interface?

Have you tried a different web browser?

Can you connect your NAS to the internet it, reboot it and wait about 10 minutes?

Message 26 of 51
enzofusion
Aspirant

Hi! Thanks for your answer.

Finally i downgraded the version to 6.9.1 and i factory reseted it. Access looks ok now, however this happens when I join the AD domain (pretty huge one):

- SMB shares become unaccesible, cant even \\xx.xx.xx.xx the NAS. Can ping it and admin it though.

- Overall performance drops, got kicked out from the admin page constantly.

Any idea?

BR

Message 27 of 51
thebassy
Aspirant

Hey Deniro,

I too have this admin refresh issue.

I'm pulling the logs now and uploading them if I could kindly ask for someone to take a look and help fix this with me.

Cheers,

Seb

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 28 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

thebassy hae you tried clearing your web browser cache, closing your web browser and reopening the web admin interface?

Have you tried a different web browser?

Message 29 of 51
thebassy
Aspirant

I should have mentioned, yes I have tried everything mentioned so far in this thread.

The interesting thing is I've had both interfaces in a bond for Adaptive Load Balancing with eth0 as the primary. On one of the reboots of the system due to the putname+64 error, the interfaces were removed from the bond. Now the admin page is only accessible via eth1. It's like eth0 doesn't work and when I attempt a new bond it fails.

Not sure if this is related or not but this is where I'm at now.

Thanks for the reply 😊
Message 30 of 51
Blasterix
Aspirant

after update to 6.9.3 cannot load admin page MAC osx 10.13.4

attached log

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 31 of 51
Etges
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem on a Readynas 102.
Upgraded to 6.9.3 and now I'm having a reloading admin page.

I've send in the logs by mail. I could really use some help on this! 🙂
Message 32 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Etges, try clearing your web browser cache, close your web browser then reopen the web admin page.
Message 33 of 51
DGM01
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with the admin issue after the latest upgrade.  Clearing the browsing history cache and reopening it worked well for a while, but the problem quickly came back.  When will the revised firmware become available?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 34 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DGM01 can you send in a fresh set of logs please? You can download the logs using RAIDar and then send them in (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 35 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DGM01 it looks like you've got other problems going on in your case. I've sent you a PM.

Message 36 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DGM01 the users group doesn't exist on your NAS, but instead a different user has the group id 100 on your NAS. That would be at the very least contributing to why you can't access the web admin page.

Jun 05 08:38:57 readynasd[11599]: Default group users does not exist. (Check /etc/frontview/account.conf). Continue importing.

Message 37 of 51
PDAHazzard
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem. How do i send you my logs?

I hope you can help me out. This is unworkable at the moment. 

Best regards,
PDAHazzard

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 38 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

PDAHazzard you did an unsupported upgrade direct from 6.2.2 to 6.9.3.

You set a static I.P. address but didn't specify DNS Server Addresses.

You could try an OS Re-install or as you've got SSH enabled you could try:

# cd /apps/.freeapps
# rm -r wordpress/

If you still can't access the web admin page after that you could also try clearing your web browser cache, closing your web browser and then reopening the web admin page

Message 39 of 51
suno
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with the admin issue after the latest upgrade from 6.9.2 to6.9.3. Clearing the browsing history cache and reopening it worked well for a while about 5 seconds, but the problem quickly came back. I`ll send you my log please chack it.
Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 40 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

suno is your NAS behind a corporate firewall/proxy?

It can't connect to the internet to address the problem.

Message 41 of 51
suno
Aspirant

Yes it is within our firewall
Should I connect to internet?
Message 42 of 51
StephenB
Guru

@suno wrote:
Yes it is within our firewall
Should I connect to internet?

Netgear does push hot-fixes, so it would be best to enable the NAS for internet access.  That also makes it more convenient to do updates, and allows you to use NTP.

IMO it should still be behind a firewall though, and there normally is no reason to allow unsolicited inbound traffic.

Message 43 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The only other ways to address the issue you're seeing would involve shell commands or putting a different firmware e.g. 6.9.2 or 6.9.4 beta on the NAS unit using USB Boot Recovery. Note that units updated to 6.9.x firmware should not be downgraded to firmware older than 6.9.0.

Message 44 of 51
atireach
Aspirant

In 6.9.3 (readynas 3138) it intermittently works but after upgrading to 6.9.4 the admin portal no longer loads. Can somebody assist or provide a solution? I am still able to access the files by windows explorer; just no longer can access the admin portal page.

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4-Bay
Message 45 of 51
KingOfPain
Tutor

While Googling "readynas 104 admin page randomly failing", it would appear that I am not alone.  😞

Should I take a gamble and load the 6.10.x beta FW or have someone officiall take a look at the logs?

Thanks

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 46 of 51
KingOfPain
Tutor

In case it helps anyone else, the problem I had was due to the a previoius login that had persisted.  Once I forced a logout, it was back to normal.

Message 47 of 51
bedlam1
Prodigy

How did you force the logout and where please

Message 48 of 51
KingOfPain
Tutor

If you still see your "admin" user in the upper right, and you can still get to it, then you can logout.  I've enabled SSH so I can fix/manage some of this stuff easier w/o having to trely on the web GUI.

I think this issue may be more complicated though.  I think there may be some secondary issues occuring with Chrome and how it is handling the SSL certificate as "invalid", which it kinda is.  (SSL is only valid when used on a FQDN, not an IP address).

Message 49 of 51
StephenB
Guru

@KingOfPain wrote:

I think this issue may be more complicated though.  I think there may be some secondary issues occuring with Chrome and how it is handling the SSL certificate .... 

Loss of access to the admin page shouldn't be related to certs (though if you haven't installed a CA cert you will need to click-through security warnings in most browsers).

Message 50 of 51
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements