× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Album Art

gorwig
Aspirant

Album Art

Hi Chaps.

Just finished transferring about 8000 FLACS to my readynas duo from my hard drive but no album art showing in Kinsky or ChorusDS. Each FLAC has embedded artwork and there are no additional art files in the album folder. I was using an Iomega nas serving Twonky and that was fine - any ideas??

Ta
Message 1 of 7
virgiliomi
Aspirant

Re: Album Art

If you already have a Twonky license, keep using it, assuming you have a Duo v1... Twonky 6.0.38 for ReadyNAS SPARC-based models

If you have a Duo v2, you may have to wait a bit for someone in the Community to make a package for it, as the v2 models have a new ARM-based CPU in them.

Are you just using ReadyDLNA to serve up your music, or have you installed some other streaming software?
Message 2 of 7
gorwig
Aspirant

I don't have a Twonky license - it was just pre-installed on the iomega nas I used to have. I'm just using the readynas with readydlna out of the box to play my flacs.
Message 3 of 7
Dan_Gravell
Aspirant

What are the rules for album art in Kinsky and ChorusDS? Embedded? Max resolution? Folder.jpg?

@sphardy made a ReadyNAS version of bliss (which I write) which might help - http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=53986
Message 4 of 7
gorwig
Aspirant

Just installed Twonky 6.0.38 and Presto! it sees all my artwork.
I take it I have 30 days free before having to cough up for a license.
Message 5 of 7
vicvolpa
Aspirant

Hi. At the risk of sounding dumb, how did you install Twonky 6.0.38 ? I have downloaded the file from the link, but it is a .bin file. Do I simply place it on the ReadyNAS Duo? Thanks
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

vicvolpa wrote:
Hi. At the risk of sounding dumb, how did you install Twonky 6.0.38 ? I have downloaded the file from the link, but it is a .bin file. Do I simply place it on the ReadyNAS Duo? Thanks

click on the "local" tab on the top, then upload the .bin file as if it were a firmware update.

After the install, look in services, installed add-ons - there will likely be settings there that you need to review.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements