× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another 6.7.3 firmware failure!

Mr_HoneyDo
Aspirant

Another 6.7.3 firmware failure!

Upgraded from what I believe was firmware 6.7.1 to 6.7.3 on my RN516 and now the device won't boot.  Shortly after restarting its froze on:

lcd_panic_handle r+7d

I'm assuming the solution for this is just like all the others referencing a 6.7.3 failure and to boot from a USB, but they all reference a different panic code so I thought I'd ask before doing anything.

This is getting ridiculous, seems like every other firmware update is a mess.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Another 6.7.3 firmware failure!

If you have updated to 6.7.3 and ran into this issue please try USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 which is now available!

If you have not yet upgraded please upgrade to 6.7.4 rather than 6.7.3. If your system has already been fixed I would still suggest updating to 6.7.4 the normal way using the web admin GUI.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I've sent you a PM.

Message 2 of 8
zero11
Tutor

Can you send me one too?  I have posted in two other places about getting "lcd_panic_handle r+7d" or "lcd_panic_handler+7d" displayed on one of my 314's.  

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sure. I've sent you a PM too.

Message 4 of 8
Langzik_NAS
Tutor

Is this problem being handled strictly via PM? I'm not seeing any DIY solutions being posted.

I have the same issue. I waited about a day [after the most recent OS update] for the problem to remedy itself, then tried rebooting manually (through a 3rd party, because I'm currently in Europe and my NAS is in North America).

Sequence of events (according to the front LCD screen) on a per-reboot basis:
Booting.
Starting Network.
lcd_panic_handler+7D

Any help would be appreciated; thanks in advance.  🙂
- Thomas

Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you have updated to 6.7.3 and ran into this issue please try USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 which is now available!

If you have not yet upgraded please upgrade to 6.7.4 rather than 6.7.3. If your system has already been fixed I would still suggest updating to 6.7.4 the normal way using the web admin GUI.

Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Langzik_NAS I've sent you a PM as well, but if you can please try USB Boot Recovery first.

Message 7 of 8
Tommy_Langzik
Aspirant

I've attempted the USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 through my contact in Canada after setting up the USB remotely via Teamviewer. Unfortunately I have had no sucess on my ReadyNAS 516 intel-based system. My contact tells me that the system appears to recognize the attempt to boot from the USB key, however it follows the same path and ultimately leads to the same error. We have attempted this process approximately 3-5 times.

I have no access to the web admin GUI, so any such attempt would be futile.

I have not yet received a Private Message, so I'm not sure if there's an error on my end or if it just didn't send correctly; regardless I have now attempted to reach out to you via PM from my end.

Thanks for your continued efforts. 🙂

- Thomas.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements