× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anti-Virus disabled

Suncoaster
Aspirant

Anti-Virus disabled

I have a ReadyNAS 102 with firmware version 6.2.5 and the antivirus is Disabled and will not enable no matter what I do.  I did a firmware reload and it made no difference.  From what I remember this only happened with the update from 6.2.4 to 6.2.5.

How can I fix this problem.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Anti-Virus disabled

Hello Suncoaster,

You do mark the Enable real-time antiviirus scanning box before clicking Apply button, right?

The Antivirus plus needs the built in Antivirus turned on. Live scan will have red dot indicating that it is disabled if the built Antivirus is not enabled.

The iTunes I suggested to just test is not one of the apps but it is under Settings - Services too.

If same problem, try rebooting the NAS. Use another web browser too. If same problem, please contact support center.

Regards, 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are other services working fine? Do you have a backup of your data?

Message 2 of 8
Suncoaster
Aspirant

I am able to read from and write to the NAS and I can stream media over the network, so those functions are working and I have backups of all the important files.  The only other app I have installed is Photos ll and I have not yet set it up.

Message 3 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Suncoaster,

I suppose you are referring to the Antivirus under Settings tab and not the Antivirus plus app.

Please check if other Services likewould enable or not too, try iTunes.

Please let us know if there are any error message you get when enabling any of these services that won't enable.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
Suncoaster
Aspirant

Hi JennC

I am actually referring to both, neither one will work.  After the Antivirus under settings failed to work I tried the Antivirus plus app and it will not work either.  I tried the Photos ll app and it failed and the log entry is "System: Found app [photos2] with bad config. Disabling its configuration page." iTunes is not listed in the available apps, and besides I do not have an iTunes account.

I do not get any error messages when the Antivirus apps refuse to enable, you click on the Apply button and nothing happens.

Message 5 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Suncoaster,

You do mark the Enable real-time antiviirus scanning box before clicking Apply button, right?

The Antivirus plus needs the built in Antivirus turned on. Live scan will have red dot indicating that it is disabled if the built Antivirus is not enabled.

The iTunes I suggested to just test is not one of the apps but it is under Settings - Services too.

If same problem, try rebooting the NAS. Use another web browser too. If same problem, please contact support center.

Regards, 

Message 6 of 8
Suncoaster
Aspirant

Hi Jennc

I did not even see the enable checkbox on my screen as it is extremely faint, but once you drew my attention to this checkbox and I clicked on it, Problem solved.

Thank you for all your help, I feel like a real dummy now for not seeing that checkbox.

Message 7 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Suncoaster,

I remember I had the same experience before with that checkbox that's why I asked 😉

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements