× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Application list might be missing r or obsolete

ramymounir
Aspirant

Application list might be missing r or obsolete

I cant download any app under the "available apps" section. 

I have the device for 3 years now or so, and it was working fine. I read on another post that i need to refresh the DNS. i changed the DNS number to 8.8.8.8 but the problem still exists. i tried to uninstall an app and also it wont get removed.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

i also have logitech media app thats showing under my installed app eventhough i removed it, and it is also showing in the available apps for download!

when i try to remove it it gives the same error message.

Message 2 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware are you running?

Message 3 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

the firmware is 6.6.1

when i click for check for updates, it says the system is running the latest firmware

Message 4 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 5 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looks like you've added some 3rd party APT source lists to your system and that those are for the old core OS we were using on 6.5.2 and prior firmware.

At 65% full it looks like your root volume is getting fairly full too.

Message 6 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

I am sorry i dont understand anything. can the problem be solved?

Message 7 of 19
cpu8088
Virtuoso

under network tab select ipv4 and put in addresses of dns server which your isp uses. definitely not 8.8.8.8

Message 8 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

I did but that didn't solve it
I tried google DNS 8.8.8.8 but also didn't solve it.
Message 9 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well considering all you've done it could be best to backup your data, do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) and restore your data from backup.

Or seeing you have SSH enabled you could try reversing some of the changes you've made using that.

If you're going to do stuff with SSH you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences of that.

Message 10 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

Unfortunately I don't know how to use ssh.
Could you please explain to me how to back up and factory default?
Message 11 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

Is there a way to restore the factory default settings without deleting the data on the hard disks?
Message 12 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

if i back up the data with  the errors thats causing the system not to connect to the app list, then restore the factory default settings then restore the back up data with the same erros, how come the problem wont happen again?

if thats the case then the data is not whats causing the problem right?

Message 13 of 19
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ramymounir,

Factory default is through boot menu of the NAS. Resetting to factory default will definitely delete the data as that will format the disks.

To back up your data stored to ReadyNAS volume, you may use USB disk plugged in to the NAS and set up backup job.

Regards,

Message 14 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

yes but if the data i am backing up to the disk is the reason for that problem, then when i restore it back the problem will happen again right?

Message 15 of 19
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ramymounir,

I believe it isn't the data that you have transferred to the volume has the problem but the settings and some other of the OS. Copying data back to the NAS after factory resetting the NAS should not copy the issues too.

Regards,

Message 16 of 19
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ramymounir,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 17 of 19
ramymounir
Aspirant

The suggestion given was a factory default which is not a solution to the problem in my opinion.
Message 18 of 19
Sandshark
Sensei

Did you purchase the NAS new or used?  I ask because you appear to have things done to it that can only be accomplished via SSH, yet you claim you don't know how to use SSH.  If you purchased it used, the previous owner made changes to it that are now interfering with the new OS because the base Debian version was updated.  Updating does not necesarily destroy those (depends on how they were done).  A factory default does, which is why it has been suggested.  The problems you are having are not data related, they are OS or App related.  Restarting those with a clean slate is the fastest way to overcome that, and possibly the only way since you do not seem to know everything that has been done to the NAS.

You admit you know little about the NAS, but hold the belief that your opinion is better than the advise of someone who is very knowlegable.  If you persist with that position, there is nobody here who can (or likely will even continue to try) to help you.

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements