× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup on ReadyNAS Duo v2

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Backup on ReadyNAS Duo v2

I am trying to setup a backup to backup files from the Readynas to my local PC using the c$ default share. When setting up the backup I have specified my username and password to be used to logon to my pc, but it won't access the username or password.

I have tested the c$ share on Windows and it allows me complete access, but the readynas won't. Any ideas anyone?

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backup on ReadyNAS Duo v2

Hello woodm,

What backup software are you using? Is this Backup Job of ReadyNAS or a third party software? Please also mention the firmware version.

You may click here for more info of ReadyNAS Backup Job.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am using the ReadyNAS built in backup. Firmware version 5.3.12. 

I have setup a backup to back up from the READYNAS to my local PC. I have selected a share on the ReadyNAS as the source, and for the destination WIndows/NAS Timestamp. I have put my computer name in for the host, and then the path c$/users/<username>/OneDrive/My Documents.

When I run the backup instead of going to the destination specified, it backs up to the 'c' Drive on my PC under MWOOD1/c$/users/<username>/OneDrive/My Documents. Why is it doing this, any ideas?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I suspect the $ in the sharename.  C$ is an "administrative share".  Try creating a new share (maybe directly sharing the actual My Documents folder).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements