× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to ReadyNas Remote after updating to Windows 10 #25532711

kabell
Aspirant

Can't connect to ReadyNas Remote after updating to Windows 10 #25532711

I've just updatet my Lenovo and my Dell from Windows 8.1 Update to Windows 10. There have never benne problems connecting.

But now "initialization fails -3".

Have tried to uninstall and reinstall the application (newest version 1.6.5.26) and tried older versions too. The same issue. Have also disconnected and reconnecte the Leaf adapter. No result.

The problem is only comming fro the ReadyNasRemote software.

Do anyone have som suggestions - I would think, that I'm not the only one with that problem. (Look for me like the problems for some people after win 8 and 8.1 described other discussions)

Message 1 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't connect to ReadyNas Remote after updating to Windows 10

Hi kabell,

ReadyCloud needed to have an update to be compatible with Win10 version, BETA version is currently available.

Unfortunately ReadyNAS Remote is already a discontinued app, even if it still runs on computers/mobiles phone there will be no more update to be released.

Please see thread ReadyNAS Remote on Win10

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello kabell,

We already have a ReadyNAS Remote BETA available that is compatible with Win10.

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
kabell
Aspirant

I'm not yet connected to my ReadyNas Duo v1.

It's possible with the BETA ´to install the ReadyNasRemote Software on my 2 laptops. I can also log on to my account - but from that point: NO CONNECTION.

I have yesterday evening reinstalled win10 on the one of the laptops (a clean installation), but still no connection. The firewall are open - and should not give any troubles

There are achange compared from the win10 to my win 8.1 installation (which is running anc connected properly from my third laptop): The system tray icon and tip-text are "ReadyCloud" on the win10. On the win8.1 laptop the icon are "ReadyNasRemote". The system notification om win10 tells: "Your connection is not responding".

But It really responds to/from ReadyNasRemote on win8.1 version 1.6.5.24 - but NOT on the Beta version 1.7.6.27.

I've uploaded the screendumps and logfiles files to support and hope on at solution.

I didn't have any problems at alle with migrations from Win XP to Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 - so I I expect that the support team can figure that issue with win 10..

Message 4 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kabell,

Had no issues with it. Kindly download a fresh copy of the Windows 10 beta and before you install, ensure the old one or current has been removed. Check if you have other security software and disable them if possible.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 5 of 8
kabell
Aspirant

As you see above: Everythins has been tried. Even a new installation with win10 with a new ReadyNasRemote.exe doesn't help.

The version of RemoteNas 1.7.6.27 on win10 cannot connect to my ReadyNasDuo v.1.

Message 6 of 8
pillick
Aspirant

Same here.  Duo V1, can't even comlete installation of the Remote Beta, get an "error - opening for writing:  c\program files\netgear readynas\remote\bin\libnet.dll" message.  Seriously?

I saw an "End of LIfe, no longer supported" message, which might explain things.  I'm more than a little annoyed that Netgear is unable to manage to have the device even be seen on the network so I can recover files.  How hard can that be?  End of Life?  Because of a Microsoft OS update?  Seriously?  We tried to stay consistent with brands so this place is full of Netgear stuff.  That was sure a mistake.  I've supported Netgear and now you tell me it's EOL so I'm just out of luck?  Well, Netgear, this is my EOL message to you then, no more, no way.

Message 7 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello pillick,

We apologize for the inconveniece. ReadyNAS Remote is for the legacy units that is why it has been announced as EOL. However, ReadyNAS Remove BETA for Windows 10 was released since a lot of users decided to update their Windows OS.

The problem you have raised is installation of the app and is not the same with the OP's concern which is not able to connect. The libnet.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file that belongs to the Windows program. Many reason can cause the errors, ranging from the mistaken removal of the libnet.dll file, system settings change, outdated hardware devices, virus infection to related registry issues. This error is something that can be fixed through registry by an IT expert with knowledge in registry.

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements