× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't upgrade to 6.7.4 over USB

n8berman
Aspirant

Can't upgrade to 6.7.4 over USB

I need some pointers.  I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Ever since I upgraded to 6.7.3, I have been unable to log into the Admin Page.  It keeps telling me the admin page is offline.  On a previous post I was told to install 6.7.4 over usb.  Every time I try to do this it doesn't seem to work.  The login page for the admin screen still says 6.7.3 and it still won't let me login.  

Like the intructions say.  I hold the backup button when I turn on and the usb drive blinks a bunch and then the device shuts off.

Further into the post it says to use the reset button.  I tried that, but all that seemed to do was put me into the boot menu and looking at the manual none of the options there seem like what I'm looking for.

So here's my questions

1) what button do I press to install the update from the usb?

2) Does it matter what USB I plug into (front or back)?

I'm not replying to the original post because for some reason whenever I reply there it never actually post.

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

1. The backup button

2. Needs to be the front

Note: If you download the zip file to need to extract the contents and place the .img file on the USB key along with the initrd-recovery.gz, NTGR_USBBOOT_INFO.txt and uImage-recovery.

When USB Boot Recovery is complete the system should automatically shutdown.

Message 2 of 12
n8berman
Aspirant

Those are the files on my boot USB.  The system does shutdown at the end of the upgrade.  I then unplug the USB.  When I turn it back on, the power light flashes for a while then it shuts down again.  Then it automatically turns back on.  I still can't log into the admin page.  It still says the admin page is offline.  When I try to log into the admin page it says 6.7.3 for the version.

Anything else I can try?

Message 3 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

What does RAIDar say?  If the admin page is offline, I'm thinking that the 6.7.3 page my just be in your browser cache.

Message 4 of 12
n8berman
Aspirant

Sorry, I've been out of town.  Raidar says i'm running firmware 6.7.3.  So it looks like the update was unsucessful.

Message 5 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I've sent you a PM.

Message 6 of 12
n8berman
Aspirant

OK so now I'm upgraded to 6.7.4.  Thanks.  But now I'm back to my original problem.  When I try to log into the Admin page it's still telling me that the "ReadyNAS Admin Page is offline".  Ready cloud says my unit is offline.  I can still access my files through my network, and Plex is working just fine remotely.  

So what's the next step?

Message 7 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please download a fresh set of logs using RAIDar and send them in (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 8 of 12
n8berman
Aspirant

So it's been 2 weeks since I sent my logs in...what's the deal?  Does it usually take this long?

Message 9 of 12
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

The issue is a half-installed PHP web server module.  I sent you a PM for remote access.

Message 10 of 12
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

@n8berman, you should be back to normal now.

Message 11 of 12
n8berman
Aspirant

Thanks. It's good now.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements