× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Access Data on Subfolder ReadyNAS NV+

robrim
Aspirant

Cannot Access Data on Subfolder ReadyNAS NV+

Guys I really need some urgent help.

I have a readynas NV+ running firmware 4.14 and have a huge problem. My mail server does a backup to my single shared parent folder on my ReadyNAS NV+. Now my email sever has died and I'm desperate to get it up and running. I can see the subfolder with my mail servers backup on the ReadyNAS NV+, the folder is 53.4GB and no matter how I try and connect I can't get access to the backup to copy back to the mail server. Everytime I try the ReadyNAS tells me I do not have the permissions.

I'm logging on as the admin user to the ReadyNAS and I've tried connecting with HTTP, SMB and AFP. I'm running macs only with OSX 10.6.8 and above. When I connect using AFP I can do a get info command within OSX on the folder and when I try and change the persmission for everyone to read & write I get an error -50. The owner of the subfolder is called Partner, but I don't have this user on the ReadyNAS.

I've been trying to access this data for hours and cannot find anything anywhere to help. Please guys I'm at the end of my tether please help me get this data off the ReadyNAS and back onto my mail server. My business will die without it.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot Access Data on Subfolder ReadyNAS NV+

First go into the "advanced options" page for the share (select CIFS, then advanced options is the tab at the top right), and reset the owner/group and permissions using the checkbox ("set ownership...").  Click apply, and the checkbox will clear.  You'll see a popup when it is done.

If that fails, then install enable root ssh (http://www.readynas.com/index.php?s=root+ssh).  Then you can see and adjust the underlying linux owner/group permssion.

Message 2 of 5
robrim
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your prompt reply Stephen, I'll try these things today. I really appreciate it.

Message 3 of 5
robrim
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, that worked perfectly, thank you so much for all your help.

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello robrim,

Please mark the post that solved the problem as solution, I believe that is StephenB's.

Regards, 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements