× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot delete local UPS configuration

Sandshark
Sensei

Cannot delete local UPS configuration

I'm re-arranging my hardware because of some recent acquisitions.  A Pro6 runing OS6.7.1 was previously a primary system and is being moved to backup.  It had the UPS that 3 other NASes were connected to and it shared the UPS info via the network.  But now that it's a backup and won't be on all the time, that's a no-go.  So, I moved the UPS to another unit.  The Pro6 complained that it could not communicate with the UPS (of course), so I went to delete it from the configuratin.  Uh-oh!  The minus is not available.  I could add in the new prime NAS as the one to monitor for UPS info, but there was no way short of SSHing in and changing the NUT configuraiton files that I could keep the NAS from continuously trying to communicate with the UPS and reporting a failure.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Cannot delete local UPS configuration

I have since discovered that this is true only if remote monitoring is enabled.  Once it's disabled, the UPS is automatically remoeved if not present.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

I have since discovered that this is true only if remote monitoring is enabled.  Once it's disabled, the UPS is automatically remoeved if not present.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Maybe there should be a clearer error message ("UPS not present but remote monitoring enabled")?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements