× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant access NAS Duo control panel anymore

Matt_71
Follower

Cant access NAS Duo control panel anymore

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can help please. I'm running a Duo and have had a problem ever since the last firmware upgrade i was aware of (if memory serves me right about 18 months ago!) Whenever I try to access it through http then it just doesn't accept the admin/netgear1 and hasnt since that upgrade, It just keeps on clearing the entry and coming back to the log in box. It hasnt been a problem as it was all working properly until a month or so ago, backing up time machine etc and transfering files to the shares. I' I'm not running raidar as used to be fine getting to it direct. I can still mount the shares on my macbook air and my mini mac, I just cant get to the control panel. I've tried different browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Safari but no joy. Any help appreciated! 

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cant access NAS Duo control panel anymore

4.1.14 is the current production firmware, and was released about 9 months ago (October 2014).  4.1.13 was released Nov 2013, so that might be what you installed.

-If you don't have a backup of your shares, start by making one.

-Then try an OS reinstall using the procedure on page 16 here: http://www.readynas.com/download/documentation/HM/Duov1_NV%2Bv1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

(DON'T do the factory reset, that will destroy your data).

-If that does not restore operation, the most straightforward solution is to do a factory reset, reconfigure the NAS and restore the data from backup.  Netgear support can also fix it remotely, but they will charge.

One common cause of this problem is a filling OS partition (which is only 2 GB on your NAS). If that is your situation and you don't resolve it, the NAS will eventually lock up and you won't be able to access it at all.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements