× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Complete backup of RN314

Grimjack
Aspirant

Complete backup of RN314

Hi,

How do I make a complete backup or export, including installed apps with configuration?

One of my 314 doesn´t feel very well and I want to move it´s complete function to another device (628) during further debugging.

I want to clone the device, including apps and their configuration.

If that´s, for any weird reason, is impossible I would like to copy/export the apps (conf) manually.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Complete backup of RN314

You can backup the configuration from the web ui settings page.

You can also access the apps folder by mapping the data volume to a PC drive letter (using NAS admin credentials). The apps folder is hidden in the volume root (.apps)

But if you are trying to determine if it's the chassis or the software, then I suggest powering down both NAS, remove all the drives from both NAS (labeling by slot), and install the RN314 drives in the corresponding slots in the RN628.  Then power up the RN628.  

Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Complete backup of RN314

What problems are you having with the RN314? Have you download the logs and checked those for clues as to what's going on?

Message 3 of 5
Grimjack
Aspirant

Diskissue (was: Complete backup of RN314)

Thank you.

I will try that.

I have som kind of disk issue I guess...and a bit har to explain in proper/understandable english...

It´s constantily reading the disks, and sounds like old disks from the 90´s...not directly bad/faulty disks, but tired (some of you remember the sound I guess). When accessing the volume it´s really slow. After a couple of seconds it first show the files as they were several months ago (always the same) and then immediatly start to re-read....after a while (a minute or two) the current set of files appears, but handling the files is extremly slow etc.

The system reports all disk as healthy and I have powered down and seperatly removed the disks one by one for testing. None of the disk sounds like that when they are alone and disk test software finds no errors.

I have a spare disk, but since I don´t know which to change it could generate a lot of rebuilding if I don´t hit the right one until the fourth try.

My plan right now is to rely on magic and delete and recreate the complete volume/raid....what good that could do...

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Diskissue (was: Complete backup of RN314)

Download the logs and look at the SMART statistics.  One place you can see them is disk_info.log.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements