× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Considering 6.6 to 6.7.5 Upgrade

btaroli
Prodigy

Considering 6.6 to 6.7.5 Upgrade

Before I start, yes, I know this isn't officially supported. I used the usual suspect scripts to put OS6 on my old Pro6 and have it deployed at a family member's household. It's on 6.6 now, and 6.7.5 seems a good opportunity to upgrade it. I just wanted to put a feeler out to see if others with similar setups have already done this and found it to apply cleanly, or if I might need to consider any gotchas before proceeding.

Thanks!

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
McRob1
Luminary

Re: Considering 6.6 to 6.7.5 Upgrade

I am currently running an old Readynas Pro6 with firmware 6.7.4.  The path to get from firmware version 4 to 6 was a difficult one but it sounds like you are already running on firmware version 6.  I have not had the courage to move from 6.7.4 to 6.7.5 yet.  Maybe after a few more days without to many bad reports on the forum I will take to plunge and move to 6.7.5. Going from 6.7.1 ro 6.7.3 and then to 6.7.4 was completely painless and uneventfull.  I did the upgrade so I could enjoy the benefits of readycloud.

Good luck and let me know if you update yours to 6.7.5.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6630v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 2 of 3
btaroli
Prodigy

Re: Considering 6.6 to 6.7.5 Upgrade

Given some of the howls and issues I saw for the releases between 6.7.1 and 6.7.5, that sounds like a ringing endorsement! 😄 I shall proceed this evening. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements