× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DNS problem with old ReadyNAS v1 DUO

pogacsa
Aspirant

DNS problem with old ReadyNAS v1 DUO

hi,

I am having ReadyNAS DUO v1 since some time, and it was not used a while, as current v2 Duo is my mani backup target for my Macs via TimeMachine. Now I have decided to use this old buddy and unable to get it constantly visible on my network. I have already made a "OS reinstall" but I would like to avoid a "Factory Reset", as having those old data is important to saved at least to another place first.
My router is the DHCP server and assign 192.168.1.74 for v1 DUO MAC address. Which is fine. DUO is set to use DHCP assigned value. Raidar cannot find v1 Duo. Only finds it while v1 DUO is starting up. Once DUO is booted up and ready to work, then it is gone from Raidar's scope.
Other: this v1 DUO was used with an earlier router where never been able to set DHCP to work with my tiny NAS. A Static IP was assigned to 192.168.1.64. (Which 64 is conflicting with my current devices, so decided to set 192.168.1.74 as next free. While it was static, at lease frontend web interface was reachable).
Any idea where I should investigate this issue? (many of my other hardware is just working fine, iMac, mbp, thinkpad, iPhone, samsung droid phones, ...)

thanks,
Zol
Message 1 of 4
Marto731
Aspirant

Zol,
Some thoughts.

(a) With a blank disk in Duo v1, will Raidar see this NAS?
If Yes, then there is a disk problem. Try individually.

(b) What is IP of v2?
(c) Stage 2. I want you to rule out an IP conflict. So plug out all other devices.
Will Raidar see this NAS with original disks in?
(d) DNS is not the issue here, and relates to resolving website names.

Rgds Marto
Message 2 of 4
pogacsa
Aspirant

thanks Marto,

I have disconnected my Airport Extreme Base station, and connected to ISP's Pirelli Router my NAS (duo v1) and iMac by wire. (wifi off, on both router and mac). And I have released old occupied IP (.64) and force NAS to start use an never earlier used on my network (192.168.1.77). I did a reset on NAS. Then tried to shutdown and remove both disks. In this case raider found it at 192.168.1.77, obviously no Setup allowed. So just shutdown and added back disk1, after a fs chk it is reachable by front view. DHCP is just working fine. (i have removed the tick at Pirelli to Fix the assigned IP, so it is 77 for today, not sure if it is making any bad). Now put back disk2, as still appears at raider, indicating to sync disks. The funny thing is this single Duo NAS is appear twice by raider (same mac, same ip, mac hostname - just doubled - but still sync fs).

what you think?

thx
Message 3 of 4
pogacsa
Aspirant

I have another issue with this old Duo v1, as cannot update alert setting as email and google smtp. The preset of gmail is not functional as stamp.gmail.com is the valid, port is 465, TLS. So I try to set it, click on apply and waiting in an endless loop. ?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements