× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DUO Upgrade 4.1.7 - Alerts and Update Fail - Case #16293776

jimthomas
Aspirant

DUO Upgrade 4.1.7 - Alerts and Update Fail - Case #16293776

Since upgrading to 4.1.7 on my ReadyNAS DUO i find -
- alerts do not work any longer and give error - Unable to contact SMTP server - i have checked the settings and they are the same as working in Outlook
- Update button gives error - Error Connecting to remote server

Is there a fix yet for these issues? Both worked previously.

Thanks Jim
Message 1 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: DUO Upgrade 4.1.7 - Alerts and Update Fail

When I set mine up, it was done in 4.1.6 which did not have the preconfigured Gmail addressing as the x-86 version of Frontview did. I kept trying to use my primary e-mail as the sender but it would never work as that service is not my IP provider. I had to use my log on and password of the e-mail account provided by my IP provider but the address was my primary e-mail account. The only change after upgrade to 4.1.7 is that in the pull down menu for e-mail provider, it shows custom. I don't recall that pull down in 4.1.6.

It should not have changed simply by a firmware upgrade. Is it possible that the password has changed?
Message 2 of 4
jimthomas
Aspirant

I had my alerts setup to use my gmail account details previously, obviously not my IP provider. Now I have tried many options available - gmail and custom (with my IP details) - not sure what Internal provides or how to use it and I do not have AOL.

But both give the same error - Unable to contact SMTP server. Also using the Update button gives error - Error Connecting to remote server

Both worked before in 4.1.6
Message 3 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

I would suggest you open an online ticket with tech support. It is possible that the upgrade to 4.1.7 encountered a glitch during the download. Once you have the case #, edit your first post and add the case # to the subject line.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements