× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Encryption option in setup wizard

leo037
Luminary

Encryption option in setup wizard

Would be great if through the setup wizard there was an option to encrypt your new NAS.

Otherwise the only way to encrypt it is to go through the whole process to set it up. Then destroy the volume and recreate it.  

Really dumb, don't you think?

Also the required field for Labels is ANNOYING AS HELL. Especially in the idea exchange section where things like "new idea", "feature", "feature request", even "help" is not allowed. 

Move the label field in-line between Subject and Model to make it easier to see that it's something to be used rather than off to the side

Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Encryption option in setup wizard

Hi @leo037, I could find your post about "Encryption option in setup" and happily upvoted to support its implementation.

However, I would like to suggest, that you also post your valuable comment about "required field for Labels " in the Commmunity feedback realm. Here is the link for your convenience:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/en-my-community-feedback

Kind regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements