× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error in delete snapshot 28004020002

bscott2013
Follower

Error in delete snapshot 28004020002

My volumes are filling up with data and I regularly manually deletes snapshots to free data. But since a monty ago I´m not able to do so. I get an error when i try. i've disabled snapshots and tried no luck. updated firmware to 6.2.4 still no luck?

Error in delete snapshot
Code: 28004020002

Anyone have a clue what to do?

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps wait and see if a netgear person offers to help.  If not, I think you will need to try support.netgear.com

Message 2 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bscott2013,

This is something that can be fixed by the support center as they will have to escalate this to an L3 for remote accessing your NAS via SSH or Telnet.

Please contact support center

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

This is something that can be fixed by the support center as they will have to escalate this to an L3 for remote accessing your NAS via SSH or Telnet.

Be warned - they will likely charge.

Sometimes Netgear personnel posting here will solve simple problems as a courtesy (no guarantees that they will in this case).  So you could wait a bit and see if someone offers.

The other way to avoid a charge is to do a factory reset, and restore your data from backup.

Message 4 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

One thing you can try is to turn off snapshot access ( leave snapshots on), then try again to delete the snapshot using the GUI. 

Also you can try disabling services on the nas (FTP, http, nfs) and try again.

Finally you can try a OS reinstall, 

Message 5 of 6
siigna
NETGEAR Expert

Before you try the OS reinstall... Can you email over a batch of system logs from the ReadyNAS?  Make sure to include my screen name (siigna) in the subject.

How do I send all logs to a ReadyNAS forum moderator?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements